As in 2011, the Association participated in the RSVL program (Réseau de surveillance volontaires des lacs) in 2012 and has recently received the test results. As recommended by the Department, we have the intention of registering the Association in this program for a third consecutive year - that is, for 2013. For your information, we have published below the tables corresponding to the 2012 results.
As these tables are only available in French, they can be summarized as follows:
- the clarity of the water at the two stations were measured at 6.8 and 6.5, which is very clear and classifies the lake as oligotrophic
- the phosphors were measured at 2.0 and 2.4, which is very low and classifies the lake as ultra-oligotrophic
- the concentration of chlorophyls (biomass) is 0.66 and 0.79, which is very low and classifies the lake as ultra-oligotrophic
- the dissolved organic carbons were measured at 3.3 and 3.7, which indicates that the water is slightly coloured
- the lake is included as one which has been affected with blue-green algae in 2012. For the period 2004-12, this is the second year that the department has confirmed the presence of this algae.
Trophic state of the lake and recommendations:
- the summary of tests indicate that the lake is ultra-oligotrophic (i.e., very young)
- this lake has few signs of eutrophization.